Make a donation of your choice – every little helps
Please donate via ‘GIVE.NET’.
Your giving will go a long way …
In India, a little goes a long way: £9 or £10 per month or about £100-120 covers the cost of uniform, books and school fees for one child for one year. £100 buys about 60 litres of petrol, or just under 6 litres of petrol per month – it will not take you far in your car but it will transform a young life in Delhi. And that life will change a family. And so it continues…
Give regularly – monthly or annually…
Set up a monthly or annual donation by post. Print a copy of the WBIT SO and GA form 2022, complete your details and send it to: The Treasurer, The Wye and Brook India Trust, 28 Oxenturn Road, Wye, Ashford, Kent TN25 5BE
You can also give:
- by direct transfer – bank account details on request
- by post – send a cheque made out to The Wye and Brook India Trust
Give from your salary
- Payroll Giving is a flexible tax efficient scheme that allows you to make regular donations straight from your salary. All donations are made before tax and after National Insurance so your contributions are not affected. Contact your employer to see if they run a payroll giving scheme – and encourage them to do so!
Donate through your self-assessment tax return
- If you are completing a self assessment tax return, you can nominate The Wye and Brook India Trust to receive any tax refund you are due. The Government will treat this refund as a Gift Aid donation. This means that The Wye and Brook India Trust will get at least 25p more for every pound donated – at no extra cost to you. You will need to include the charity’s unique charity number, 288217.
Donate in memory of a loved one
- If you would like to make a donation in memory of a loved one, please send your donation to the address above.
Give in celebration
- There is a simple way to celebrate any special occasion while raising money for the Wye and Brook India Trust to help educate the poorest children of Delhi. Whatever you’re celebrating, ask friends and family to make a donation instead of buying you a gift. You can do this by getting friends to donate to the WBIT Give.net account … or simply get your friends to write cheques to ‘The Wye and Brook India Trust’ and send them to the Treasurer at the postal address above. Remember to ask them to Gift Aid if they can.
Leave a legacy
- Include The Wye and Brook India Trust in your will. Click on the link below for some information on legacies.
If you are a current UK Income Tax payer you can make gifts under the Gift Aid Scheme, enabling us to reclaim 25p of tax for every £1 donated, at no cost to you. To gift aid your donation, all you have to do is to confirm that:
- you have paid or will pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax for each tax year (6 April-5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) to which you donate will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year
- you understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.
Delhi school children on a computer